Kimberley Safari Tours
Details, Departure Dates and Itinerary
Fantastic updated Itinerary.
The 14 Day Explorer Tour now includes Wyndham 4 Rivers Lookout and Wolfe Creek Crater.
A fantastic tour taking in the best of the Kimberley. 14 Days
Gibb River Road Gorges (Windjana Gorge, Tunnel Creek Cave, Galvan’s Gorge, Manning River and Gorge, Bell Gorge, El-Questro, Emma Gorge, etc), Kununurra, Wyndham 5 Rivers, Lake Argyle, Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungles), Halls Creek, China Wall, Indigenous Communities, Fitzroy Crossing, Danggu / Geikie Gorge, Wolfe Creek Crater and more (Broome to Broome).
14 Days $4690
No single supplement.
Also Includes a Free Danngu - Geikie Gorge Cruise
Tour code: EKS
- Small group size – Typically 16 -18 passengers
- Broome – Broome: Gibb River Road Gorges, Kununurra, Lake Argyle, Purnululu (Bungle Bungles), Halls Creek, Fitzroy, Danngu Geike Gorge cruise and more
- Modern air-conditioned 4WD Coach
- Most meals and all park / station entrance and camping fees
- Great campsites (flushing toilets and hot showers)
- Friendly experienced staff provide excellent history and cultural overview
- Spacious tents
- Comfortable sleeping options – mattresses and pillows (camp stretchers on request)
- Free Geikie Gorge Cruise
‘Explorer’ Kimberley Safari Tour – Available Departure Dates – 2023
- We are running our popular 15 Day Outback and 16 Day Adventurer Tours in place of the Explorer in 2023
Please consider booking on one of these. .
Some optional activities incur additional costs (e.g. scenic plane or helicopter flights, additional cruises, whale watching etc.).
Please note that times and locations may change without notice at the discretion of the tour operator due to unforeseen circumstances.
NOTE: WE SOMETIMES RUN THIS TOUR IN REVERSE ORDER
14 Day Explorer Kimberley Safari Tour Itinerary
The best of the Kimberley with relaxation opportunities at fantastic locations built into the itinerary.
DAYS 1 & 2 – WINDJANA GORGE, TUNNEL CREEK & BELL GORGE
- Accommodation pick-up
- Welcome morning tea
- The famous Prison Boab tree
- Windjana Gorge
- Croc watching
- Adventure walk through Tunnel Creek Cave
- Silent Grove
- Walks, swimming and relaxing in Bell Gorge
DAY 3, 4 & 5 – GALVAN’S GORGE & MANNING GORGE
- Scenic Galvan’s Gorge
- Swimming in crystal clear water
- Walks in the Lower Manning and Manning Gorge.
- Waterfalls and rock art
- Two nights camping under ancient Boab Trees at Manning River
DAYS 6, 7 – ELLENBRAE STATION, EL QUESTRO WILDERNESS PARK
- El Questro Cattle Station, El Questro Wilderness Park (1 million acres), El Questro Homestead
- Visits to beautiful gorges, rivers and waterfalls
- Relax in nature’s Zebedee Hot Springs
- Station Meal and Talk Ellenbrae Station (allow $40)
- Famous Ellenbrae scones
DAY 8, 9 & 10 – WYNDHAM, KUNUNURRA & LAKE ARGYLE
- Wyndam Five Rivers Lookout
- Parry Lagoon Nature Reserve
- Old Wyndham Site & Wharf
- Lake Argyle
- Optional free time – Options include – Lake Argyle sunset cruise, scenic flights, Durack Homestead Museum, canoeing, fishing, local walks, and more.
- Most guests take the sunset cruise (from 2.15pm – 6pm) on Lake Argyle (we can arrange your booking approx. $99)
- Dinner together at Lake Argyle Resort (allow $30)
- Plantation Drive
- Kununurra town walk (shops, art galleries etc)
- If time permits we often also visit the Sandlewood Factory and the Hoochary (Rum Distillery) in Kununurru
DAY 11 & 12 – PURNULULU
- Purnululu (Bungle Bungles)
- Purnululu Visitors Centre
- Piccinini Creek
- Domes (Bee-hive) Walk
- Cathedral Gorge
- Echidna Chasm
- Scenic helicopter flight over Purnululu / Bungle Bungles (optional allow approx $429+ depending on numbers – 30 mins)
DAYS 13 & 14 – CHINA WALL, WOLFE CREEK CRATER, FITZROY CROSSING & GEIKIE GORGE
- China Wall
- Halls Creek township
- Wolfe Creek Crater
- Fitzroy Crossing
- Danngu - Geikie Gorge Cruise (included)
- Visit to an Aboriginal community support by Kimberley Safari Tours
- Return to Broome late afternoon (accommodation drop off)
- Reflect on your memories that will last a lifetime!
NOTE: This Tour may be run in reverse order
- Our ‘Outback’ Mitchell Falls Kimberley Safari (includes Mitchell Falls and rock art sites, Gibb River Road Gorges, Kununurra, Purnululu /Bungle Bungles and more – Broome to Broome – 15 days – Our 15 Day Outback and 16 Day Adventurer Tours usually sell out quickly – We recommend you book early (we are taking bookings now this and next year).