15 Days - Comfortable Camping - Includes the Mitchell Falls
Book early for our 'Outback' Kimberley Tour which includes the spectacular Mitchell Falls and unforgettable rock art sites.
Experience the Gibb River Road gorges etc, and take a two-day side trip to remarkable and remote Mitchell Plateau. We swim and relax at the King Edward River in between experiencing two main highlights - Extensive Aboriginal rock art (arguably among the best examples in Australia) and the unforgettable Mitchell Falls .
The 'Outback' Kimberley Tour also visits Purnululu (The Bungle Bungles), Kununurra, Lake Argyle, ElQuestro and more (Broome to Broome) - What an adventure!
This tour has a number of two night stops (Lake Argyle, Mitchell Plateau and the beautiful Manning Falls).
15 Days Only $4290 per person
Inc FREE Mitchell Falls Helicopter Flight & FREE Darngku / Geikie Gorge Cruise
Tour code: OKS
- 15 days - well planned
- Gibb River Road Gorges, Mitchell Falls, King Edward River, Kununurra, Lake Argyle and Purnululu (the Bungle Bungles)
- Small groups (typically 16)
- Comfortable modern air-conditioned 4WD coach
- Most meals, and all park / station entrance and camping fees
- Great campsites (most with flushing toilets and hot showers)
- Friendly experienced staff
- Spacious tents
- Comfortable sleeping and seating arrangements (70mm mattresses and comfy chairs with back and arm rests)
- Aboriginal rock art including unforgettable and remote sites on the Mitchell Plataue (where we are one of the only companies that visit)
- Visit an aboriginal School supported by Kimberley Safari Tours
- 1,000,000 acre Station life talk
- Excellent walks - planned for all ages
- Defibrillator, satellite phones and safety equipment for peace of mind
- Bonus - Free Darngku / Geikie Gorge Cruise
- Bonus helicopter flight over Mitchell Falls (2018 Tours)
'Outback' Kimberley Safari Tour Departure Dates
LIMITED OUTBACK DEPARTURE DATES
Tours with Kimberley Safari Tours are usually booked out well in advance. We recommend you BOOK EARLY to avoid missing out.
Dates – 2019
May/June *20 May – 3 June 2019 15 Days (Available)
June 10 June – 24 June 2019 15 Days (Sold Out - Please consider other dates)
June/July 29 June – 13 July 2019 15 Days (Available)
August *11 Aug - 25 Aug 2019 15 Days (Available)
* consider combining with our Broome to Perth Tour)
Free Mitchell Falls Helicopter Flights in 2019!
We also have several dates available on 2019 16 day Adventurer Kimberley Tour. This tour includes everything that you would experience in the 15 Day ‘Outback’ tour and also includes the Wolfe Creek Crater.
Outback Kimberley Safari Tour Itinerary
Days 1 & 2 Tunnel Creek Windjana Gorge
- Accommodation pick-up
- Welcome morning tea
- The famous Prison Boab tree
- Windjana Gorge
- Croc watching
- Adventure walk through Tunnel Creek Cave
- Sitting in pools above the water falls of Lennard Gorge
- Walks, swimming and relaxing in Bell Gorge
Days 3 & 4 Galvan, Bell and Manning Gorges
- Scenic Galvan's Gorge
- Swimming in crystal clear water
- Walks along the Manning River and to Manning Gorge
- Camp around Boab trees next to a billabong
Days 5, 6 & 7 Mitchell Falls and Aboriginal Art
- Relaxing and Swimming at King Edward River (2 nights)
- Explore two of Australias most impressive and extensive Aboriginal rock art sites at Munurra
- Day at Mitchell Falls (a highlight of the Kimberley)
- Free Helicopter flight over Mitchell Falls (2018 and 2019 Tours)
- Unique Mitchell Plateau vegetation
- Drysdale Station (1 night)
- Minors Pool
- The Gibb River
Days 8 & 9 - Elenbrae Station & El Questro Wilderness Park
- 1,000,000 acre (approx.) Special Station Overview - hosted by station managers
- Elenbrae Station Homestead including Home made station scones
- Visits to many beautiful gorges, rivers and waterfalls at at El Questro
- El Questro Cattle Station, El Questro Wilderness Park (1 million acres), El Questro Homestead
- Emma Gorge walk
- Relax in natures Zebedee Hot Springs
- An abundance of optional activities (walks, swimming, horse-riding, fishing, helicopter flights etc.)
- Optional flights over Kimberley landmarks
- Kunnunurra township visit.
Days 10 & 11 Kununurra and Lake Argyle
- We Stay at the stunning Lake Argyle Resort (Two nights with some free time, swimming and optional activities)
- Time to explore Kununurra.
- Ord River Gorge walk
- Optional Durack Homestead visit
- Drive in plantation areas on the way to local attractions (eg Sandlewood Factory, Hoochery, Zebra Rock Place etc)
- Many guests take the sunset cruise (from 2.15pm - 6pm) on Lake Argyle and have dinner at Lake Argyle Resort (we can arrange your cruise booking approx. $95).
Day 12 - 13 Purnululu (Bungle Bungles)
- Purnululu (Bungle Bungles)
- Purnululu Visitors Centre
- Piccinini Creek
- Cathedral Gorge
- Echidna Chasm
- Scenic helicopter flight over bungle bungles (optional 30 mins from approx $299pp)
Day 14 -15 China Wall, Geike Gorge Cruise, Broome
- China Wall
- Halls Creek township
- Fitzroy Crossing
- Darngku / Geikie Gorge Cruise (included)
- Aboriginal Art Centre
- Visit to an Aboriginal community supported by Kimberley Safari Tours
- Return to Broome late afternoon (accommodation drop off)
- Reflect on your memories that will last a lifetime!
We may run the tour in reverse order.
Some optional activities incur additional costs (e.g. scenic plane or helicopter flights, additional cruises etc.).
Please also note that times and locations may change without notice at the discretion of the tour operator due to unforeseen circumstances (eg bad weather).