Adventurer 16 Day
Wolfe Creek Crater Mitchell Plateau / Falls As Well as The Gibb River Road
This tour is for those who don't want to miss out on the spectacular Mitchell Falls and the massive Wolfe Creek Crater as well as the best Kimberley gorges, Lake Argyle, Purnululu other fantastic sites of the Kimberley. Based on our popular 'Outback Tour' with the addition of Wolfe Creek Crater.
Experience the Gibb River Road gorges etc, and take a two-day side trip to remarkable and remote Mitchell Plateau. We swim and relax at the King Edward River in between experiencing two main highlights - Extensive Aboriginal rock art (arguably among the best examples in Australia) and the unforgettable Mitchell Falls .
The 'Adventurer' Kimberley Tour also visits Purnululu (The Bungle Bungles), Kununurra, Lake Argyle, ElQuestro and more - After Halls Creek the Tour travels to Wolfe Creek Crater (the second largest meteorite crater in the world from where fragments of meteorite have been found). We enjoy a free Geikie Gorge Cruise before returning to Broome - What an adventure!
Only $4490 per person
Inc FREE Mitchell Falls Helicopter Flight and a FREE Darngku / Geikie Gorge Cruise.
Tour code: AKS
- 16 days
- Gibb River Road Gorges, Mitchell Falls, King Edward River, Kununurra, Lake Argyle and Purnululu (the Bungle Bungles),
- Small groups (typically 16 guests)
- Rough tracks to the Falls and Wolfe Creek Crater in our comfortable spacious, modern air-conditioned 4WD coach (reclining seats, ability to stand up, USB charging, some with TV monitors)
- Includes several two nights stops including: On the banks of the King Edward River, Manning River - (absolutely beautiful!!!) Purnululu, & Lake Argyle.
- Most meals, and all park / station, entrance and camping fees
- Remote station talk
- Great campsites (most with flushing toilets and hot showers)
- Friendly experienced staff
- Spacious tents
- Comfortable sleeping and seating arrangements (70mm mattresses, pillow and comfy chairs with back and arm rests)
- Aboriginal rock art including unforgettable and remote sites on the Mitchell Plateau (where we are one of the only companies that visit)
- Visit an Aboriginal School supported by Kimberley Safari Tours
- Defibrillator, satellite phones, First-Aid trained staff and safety equipment for peace of mind
- Bonus - Darngku / Geikie Gorge Cruise
- Bonus - Remote Station Experience
- Bonus Helicopter Flight over the Stunning Mitchell Falls (2019/20 Tours)
'Adventurer' Kimberley Safari Tour Departure Dates
Dates – 2019 (16 Days)
21 May - 5 June 2019* (Sold Out Please Consider other dates)
7 June - 22 June 2019 (Sold Out Please consider other dates)
27 June - 12 July 2019 (Sold Out Please consider other dates)
20 July - 4 Aug 2019 (1 Seat Available $300 off)
Seat are available on the 15 Day Outback Tour commencing August 11 2019
Dates – 2020 (16 Days)
(Book now at 2019 prices)
19 May - 3 June 2020* (Seats Available)
5 June - 20 June 2020 (Seats Available)
25 June - 10 July 2020 (Seats Available)
18 July - 2 Aug 2019 (Seats Available)
* Consider combining this (or our 15 day) with our Perth to Broome "Explorer" tour
Free Mitchell Falls Helicopter Flight!
As a fantastic alternative , the 15 Day ‘Outback’ Mitchell Falls Kimberley Safari is also an excellent tour – 15 days, whilst it does not visit the Wolfe Creek Crater it includes all of the other Kimberley attractions as the 16 day Tour.
Adventurer Kimberley Safari Tour Itinerary
Days 1 & 2 Tunnel Creek Windjana Gorge
- Accommodation pick-up
- Welcome morning tea
- The famous Prison Boab tree
- Windjana Gorge
- Croc watching
- Adventure walk through Tunnel Creek Cave
- Sitting in pools above the water falls of Lennard Gorge
- Walks, swimming and relaxing in Bell Gorge
Day 3 Galvan, Bell and Manning Gorges
- Scenic Galvan's Gorge
- Swimming in crystal clear water
- Walks along the Manning River and to Manning Gorge
- Camp around Boab trees next to a billabong
Days 4, 5 & 6 Mitchell Falls and Aboriginal Art
- Relaxing and Swimming at King Edward River (2 nights)
- Explore two of Australias most impressive and extensive Aboriginal rock art sites at Munurra
- Day at Mitchell Falls (a highlight of the Kimberley)
- Free Helicopter Flight over Mitchell Falls (2018 and 2019 Tours)
- Unique Mitchell Plateau Vegetation
- Drysdale Station (1 night)
- Minors Pool
- The Gibb River
Days 7, 8 & 9 - Ellenbrae Station and El Questro Wilderness Park
- 1,000,000 acre (approx.) Station visit with talk from station managers
- Ellenbrae Station Homestead visit with home made scones
- Visits to many beautiful gorges, rivers and waterfalls at El Questro
- The spectacular Cockburn Ranges & Pentecost River
- El Questro Cattle Station, El Questro Wilderness Park (1 million acres)
- Emma Gorge walk
- Relax in natures Zebedee Hot Springs
- An abundance of optional activities (walks, swimming, horse-riding, fishing, helicopter flights etc.)
- Optional flights over Kimberley landmarks
- Kununurra in the afternoon of Day 9.
Day 10 Kununurra and Lake Argyle
- We stay at Lake Argyle for two nights (time for swimming, walks and optional activities)
- Explore Kununurra
- Drive amongst plantations on the way to local attractions (eg The Hoochery, Sandlewood Factory, Zebra Rock Place etc)
- Ord River Gorge Walk.
- Optional Homestead Visit
- Many guests take the sunset cruise (from 2.15pm - 6pm) on Lake Argyle and have dinner at Lake Argyle Resort (we can arrange your cruise booking approx. $95).
Day 11 - 12 Purnululu (Bungle Bungles)
- Purnululu (Bungle Bungles)
- Aboriginal Art Centre
- Purnululu Visitors Centre
- Piccinini Creek
- Cathedral Gorge
- Echidna Chasm
- Scenic helicopter flight over bungle bungles (optional extra)
Day 13 -14 China Wall, Wolfe Creek Crater
- Halls Creek
- China Wall
- Wolfe Creek Crater
- Visit to an Aboriginal community supported by Kimberley Safari Tours
Day 15 and 16 Geikie Gorge Cruise, Broome
- Fitzroy Crossing
- Darngku / Geikie Gorge Cruise (included)
- Return to Broome late afternoon (accommodation drop off)
- Reflect on your memories that will last a lifetime!
Some optional activities incur additional costs (e.g. scenic plane or helicopter flights, additional cruises etc.).
Please note that times and locations may change without notice at the discretion of the tour operator due to unforeseen circumstances
We sometimes run tours in reverse.